Need some help, but don’t know where to look or who to ask? Use the phone numbers, emails, and links provided below to get the help you need!
Not finding the information you need? Contact Commissioner Whitely at District6@ChathamCounty.org or call (912) 657-6855.
EVICTION & UTILITY ASSISTANCE
The Chatham County Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides financial assistance to eligible households for the payment of rent, rental arrears, utilities and utilities arrears, Internet services and other housing expenses incurred due or during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who is eligible to receive assistance?
Tenants and Landlords on behalf of that eligible household are encouraged to apply. See below the resources for homeowners financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The primary applicant should be the signee on the lease agreement and/or utility invoice. All applicants should provide documentation as proof of need and payments will be made directly to landlords and utility companies. If you need more information, please send an email to ERAadmin@chathamcounty.org.
Tenants/renters must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Place of residence must be within Chatham County;
- Place of residence must be a rental property, single or multi-family home, or mobile home;
- Must be able to demonstrate that one or more individuals within the household is at risk of experiencing homelessness, housing instability or eviction;
- Your household income does not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- One or more individuals in the household has qualified for unemployment benefits after March 13, 2020, or experienced a loss of income, or other financial hardship due, directly, or indirectly to COVID-19.
- Your household has not received or will not receive any other assistance for the same expenses. Duplicate assistance is not permitted.